Wednesday, January 16, 2013
City: Clackamas Oregon
Comments: The only thing that will stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun. If outlawing them will make guns go away, why not outlaw drugs?
Marc sends this to remind the mathematically challenged among us:
U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000
Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:
* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts: $385
Any questions? Beuller? Beuller? O'bama? O'bama?
Re: The Sheriff's letter. Many of my pals are commenting that they would
want to work for this guy. Many say for free. I did too. Men like this and
Joe Arpaio are too few and far between, if you ask me.
The letter has been reposted over and over amongst the best of the SERT-type
retirees and the best cops I knew.
Of course, we hear little from the guys still working, because they must
keep their mouths shut in order that they may slog on in their (privately)
individualistic and Constitution-respecting way.
I see these posts on my friend's pages in my newsfeed and on the Portland
Police Bureau Retired Officers group.
Posted by Victoria Taft, 11am - 3pm KPAM 860 at 21:42